Presented by NCC Group
The course will be cancelled if minimum numbers are not reached so book early to avoid disappointment.
The price is £2,400 (inc VAT/£2,000 ex VAT).
Containers and container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes are on the rise throughout the IT world, but how do they really work and how can you attack or secure them?
This course takes a deep dive into the world of Linux containers, covering fundamental technologies and practical approaches to attacking and defending container-based systems such as Docker and Kubernetes.
In the 2022 version of the course the trainers will be focusing more on Kubernetes as it emerges as the dominant core of cloud native systems and looking at the wider ecosystem of products which are used in conjunction with Kubernetes.
Agenda – 3 days
- Docker Basics
- Creating Docker Images
- Container Fundamentals
- Docker Security
- Introduction to Kubernetes
- Kubernetes Networking
- Kubernetes Basic Security
- Kubernetes Authentication & Authorisation
- Kubernetes Policy Security
- Kubernetes Ecosystem
- Extras & CFF
Who should take this course?
This course is suitable for either offensive or defensive security professionals and is designed to get you up to speed with hands-on experience of how to setup, defend and attack containerized environments.
The course is quite hands-on so likely best suits attendees who will be directly using or attacking container-based systems.
- Participants are expected to have some familiarity with Linux, the Linux command line, basic IP networking and Docker knowledge.
- Students should bring a laptop with an SSH client installed. The laptop should not have any corporate security software which restricts Internet access or forces use of a corporate proxy server for browsing.
- Recommended setups are Linux, MacOS, Windows with WSL or MobaXTerm (Putty is possible but requires extra setup).
- PDF presentation of over 400 slides split into the eight modules covered during the training.
- Additional bonus modules covering Docker & Kubernetes ecosystem security, Windows containers and security tooling.
About the trainers
NCC Group is a global expert in cyber security and risk mitigation, working with businesses to protect their brand, value and reputation against the ever-evolving threat landscape.
With their knowledge, experience and global footprint, they are best placed to help businesses identify, assess, mitigate & respond to the risks they face.
You can purchase a ticket at a discounted rate for 44CON 2022 at the same time as your training course. The conference will take place on the 15th and 16th September at the ILEC, London. If you want to purchase a pre-order t-shirt and/or accommodation with the conference ticket, please email email@example.com.
A ticket for the training does not include accommodation.
Conference and training tickets are non-refundable as per our Terms of Service.
This ticket is NOT transferable (i.e. you cannot use it one day and pass it to someone the other – you can however change the name on it if circumstances change and you can’t attend).