Live Online Training
Presented by NCC Group
The 4 day course will take place online between 9am and 5pm (GMT) on 13–16 June 2022.
The price is £2,904 (inc VAT/£2,420 ex VAT).
Ever more enterprises are moving their operations to the cloud, with customer adoption of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) steadily increasing. How can you ensure your cloud environment is secure?
NCC Group’s GCP security review training is a three-day course dedicated to security consultants and cloud architects interested in learning the principal elements of an environment based in Google’s cloud. It will discuss the techniques and tools necessary to perform a thorough security review and provide an understanding of the major risks, along with security best practices.
Agenda – 4 days
The course is a mixture of presentations and hands-on exercises and aims to
ensure that participants gain practical experience assessing and securing Google Cloud Platform environments.
The course includes:
- An introduction to GCP for people new to the platform, including general concepts and a comparison with other cloud providers
- How to interact with GCP through the Cloud Console, CLI tool and SDK
- An extensive discussion on the Identity and Access Management services with samples of policies and interesting attacks vectors
- A review of networking in GCP, including typical topologies and common issues
- A detailed look at the core services for computation, storage, databases, security and logging & monitoring
- Tools which can help assess and secure GCP deployments
Who should take this course?
NCC Group’s Google Cloud Platform (GCP) security review training is a focused course for security consultants and cloud architects interested in learning how to assess the main elements of a cloud environment based in GCP. We will cover the techniques and tools necessary to perform a thorough security review and provide an understanding of the major risks, along with the best security practices that should be considered when designing a cloud infrastructure.
- Participants are expected to have some familiarity with Linux, the Linux command line and basic IP networking knowledge. Familiarity with GCP or a similar platform (AWS, Azure, etc.) is beneficial but not necessary.
- Students should bring a laptop with an SSH client installed. The laptop should not have any corporate security software which restricts Internet access or forces use of a corporate proxy server for browsing.
- Recommended setups are: Python installed on Linux, MacOS, Windows with WSL or MobaXTerm (Putty is possible but requires extra setup).
PDF presentation of over 300 slides covering all modules of the training course.
About the trainers
NCC Group is a global expert in cyber security and risk mitigation, working with businesses to protect their brand, value and reputation against the ever-evolving threat landscape.
With their knowledge, experience and global footprint, they are best placed to help businesses identify, assess, mitigate & respond to the risks they face.