Would you like to attend 44CON but don’t have the means to make it happen?
Running a 2.5 day conference in London is costly. We try to balance that cost between a ticket price and funding from sponsors. Unfortunately that balance doesn’t work for everyone. For people outside of London, the cost of accommodation and the ticket can make 44CON impossible to attend. In partnership with our sponsors, we run an assistance programme to provide the opportunity for people who find themselves unable to attend 44CON to come along.
This year, thanks to our sponsors’ generosity, 44CON have 13 assistance tickets available. These include full access to 44CON 2019 and two nights accommodation.
We welcome back returning assistance sponsors Google, sponsoring six tickets, as well as Microsoft, sponsoring three tickets. We’re also pleased to announce some new Assistance Sponsors for 44CON 2019. These include Wire Security bvba, sponsoring two tickets as well as Steelcon and @mintynet each sponsoring one ticket.
- Full 44CON 2019 conference ticket (11th-13th September)
- 2 nights accommodation at the Ibis Earls Court checking in Wednesday 11th September.
- Breakfast and Lunch on Thursday and Friday
- Meet and greet event at 16:00 on Wednesday 11th September
Please note: Assistance tickets do not include travel costs or other expenses. We suggest successful applicants look at low cost travel options like Megabus.
Do I qualify for an assistance ticket?
In order to qualify for a Sponsored Assistance ticket you will need to meet all of the below Criteria*:
1. Facing financial constraints that would make attending 44CON prohibitively expensive
2. Not yet in, but ready and actively looking to move into cybersecurity roles
3. Based in the UK but facing more than 2 hours travel to London by train
*Those who have been previously granted an assistance ticket may not apply to this year’s programme.
How do I apply for an assistance ticket?
If you meet the above criteria, you can apply here. If you need help with your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When will I know if I have been awarded an assistance ticket?
Applications for Assistance tickets close at midnight BST on 20th August. We will contact successful applicants before the end of August to arrange conference registration and hotel accommodation.
The fine print:
- Assistance tickets are not transferable.
- Attendance to the event is subject to the 44CON house rules.
- Full T’s and C’s are included on the application form.