Presented By: Nikhil Mittal
Penetration Tests and Red Team operations for secured environments need altered approaches. You cannot afford to touch disk, throw executables and use memory corruption exploits without the risk of being ineffective as a simulated adversary. To enhance offensive tactics and methodologies, PowerShell is the tool of choice.
PowerShell has changed the way Windows networks are attacked. It is Microsoft’s shell and scripting language available by default in all modern Windows computers. It could interact with .Net, WMI, COM, Windows API, Registry and other computers on a Windows Domain. This makes it imperative for Penetration Testers and Red Teamers to learn PowerShell.
This training is aimed towards attacking Windows network using PowerShell and is based on real world penetration tests and Red Team engagements for highly secured environments. The course runs as a penetration test of a secure environment with detailed discussion and use of custom PowerShell scripts in each phase. Some of the techniques (see the course content for details), implemented using PowerShell, used in the course:
- In-memory shellcode execution using client side attacks.
- Exploiting SQL Servers (Command Execution, trust abuse, lateral movement.)
- Using Metasploit payloads with no detection
- Active Directory trust mapping, abuse and Kerberos attacks.
- Dump Windows passwords, Web passwords, Wireless keys, LSA Secrets and other
system secrets in plain text
- Using DNS, HTTPS, Gmail etc. as communication channels for shell access and
- Network relays, port forwarding and pivots to other machines.
- Reboot and Event persistence
- Bypass security controls like Firewalls, HIPS and Anti-Virus.
The course is a mixture of demonstrations, exercises, hands-on and lecture. The training focuses more on methodology and techniques than tools. Attendees will get free one month access to a complete Active Directory environment after the training. Attendees would be able to write own scripts and customize existing ones for security testing after this training. This training aims to change how you test a Windows based environment.
The 3 day course will take place on the 11, 12th & 13th September 2017 at etc venues The Hatton.
Cost is £ 1,950 (inc VAT). Buy your place in our shop now.
Day 1 – PowerShell Essentials
- Introduction to PowerShell
- Language Essential
- Using ISE
- Help system
- Syntax of cmdlets and other commands
- Variables, Operators, Types, Output Formatting
- Conditional and Loop Statements
- PowerShell Remoting and Jobs
- Writing simple PowerShell scripts
- Extending PowerShell with .Net
- Accessing Windows API
- WMI with PowerShell
- Playing with the Windows Registry
- COM Objects with PowerShell
Day 2 – Getting a foothold
- Recon, Information Gathering and the likes
- Vulnerability Scanning and Analysis
- Exploitation – Getting a foothold
- Exploiting MSSQL Servers
- Client Side Attacks with PowerShell
- PowerShell with Human Interface Devices
- Writing shells in PowerShell
- Using Metasploit and PowerShell together
- Porting Exploits to PowerShell
Day 3 – Post Exploitation and Lateral Movement
- Post-Exploitation – What PowerShell is actually made for
- Enumeration and Information Gathering
- Privilege Escalation
- Dumping System and Domain Secrets
- Kerberos attacks (Golden, Silver Tickets and more)
- Pivoting to other machines
- Poshing the hashesTM Replaying credentials
- Network Relays and Port Forwarding
- Achieving Persistence
- Detecting and stopping PowerShell attacks
- Quick System Audits with PowerShell
- Security controls available with PowerShell –
What will attendees gain?
- One month access to the online lab.
- PowerShell Hacker’s Cheat Sheet, solutions to exercises, sample source code, Lab manual, Lab machines (VM), updated tools and extra slides explaining things which could not be covered.
- The attendees would learn a powerful attack method which could be applied from day one after the training.
- The attendees would understand that it is not always required to use third party executables, non-native code or memory corruption exploits on the targets.
- The attendees would learn how PowerShell reduces dependence on existing frameworks yet seamlessly integrates with them.
- Basic understanding of how penetration tests are done.
- Basic understanding of a programming or scripting language could be helpful but is not mandatory.
- An open mind.
- Ability to RDP to Windows machines.
- Ability to run VMware virtual machines.
About the Trainer
Nikhil Mittal is a hacker, infosec researcher, speaker and enthusiast. His area of interest includes penetration testing, attack research, defence strategies and post exploitation research. He has 8+ years of experience in Penetration Testing for his clients which include many global corporate giants. He is also a member of Red teams of selected clients.
He specializes in assessing security risks at secure environments which require novel attack vectors and “out of the box” approach. He has worked extensively on using Human Interface Device in Penetration Tests and PowerShell for post exploitation. He is creator of Kautilya, a toolkit which makes it easy to use HIDs in penetration tests and Nishang, a post exploitation framework in PowerShell. In his spare time, Nikhil researches on new attack methodologies and updates his tools and frameworks.
Nikhil has held trainings and boot camps for various corporate clients (in US, Europe and SE Asia), and at the world’s top information security conferences.
He has spoken/trained at conferences like Defcon, BlackHat USA, BlackHat Europe, RSA China, Shakacon, Troopers, DeepSec, PHDays, BlackHat Abu Dhabi, Hackfest, ClubHack, EuSecWest and more.
He blogs at: http://www.labofapenetrationtester.com/