Learn Exploitation For Pentesters With Hack To Basics
Want to learn about exploit development but feeling overwhelmed about all the latest technologies and buzzwords?
Hack to basics is a course which will provide you with foundational level exploit development skills with real world exploitation techniques. This will range from “Vanilla” EIP overwrites through to Structured Exception Handler(SEH) exploitation and how egg hunters work with practical examples.
This 2 day course will take place 4 – 5 December 2019 in London, UK
Also Available in March
Who Should Take This Course
- Penetration Testers
- Students interested in exploit development, but new to the area.
- Students interested in expanding their knowledge into the area of exploit development.
“Zero to Hero exploit training for anyone taking the OSCP or OSCE”
Hack To Basics Builds A Solid Foundation In Exploitation
By the end of the course, students can expect to know the basics of x86 assembly, including some real world examples of exploiting vanilla EIP overwrites, SEH exploitation and using egg hunters. This will provide an entry to the world of exploit development and a strong foundation to work off in order to make it easier to transition to the newer, more advanced technologies which are in place today.
To get the most out of this training, the following should be studied beforehand:
We will be using Python to construct our exploits, combined with a debugger such as Immunity or OllyDBG, it it is recommended to be familiar with both.
What You’ll Learn
- Basic x86 Assembly and some python
- Vanilla EIP buffer overflows
- SEH exploitation techniques
- Egghunters and various other techniques to help execute shellcode
Day 1 – Beginning Exploitation
- Course Overview
- The Stack and Registers
- Basic x86 ASM
- Basic exploitation techniques
- Introduction to Python templates for common exploit types
- Vanilla EIP overwrites in Immunity Debugger
- Overwriting EIP, Jumping to ESP, executing Shellcode
- Bad characters and how to deal with them
- Practical examples
Day 2 – Going Further
- Introduction to SEH exploitation techniques
- What are egg hunters?
- Practical examples
- Introduction to Mona, basic ASM jumps and shell coding
- Example of a egg hunter being utilised in a SEH exploit
- A final challenge!
- Questions and Answers
What To Bring
- Laptop with at least an i7-7500 CPU and 8Gb RAM
- Wireless Network Adapter + Ethernet Adapter
- Kali Linux installed
- VirtualBox(preferred) or VMware
What Students Are Provided With
- A comprehensive step by step manual(PDF)
- A USB packed with tools, scripts and some VMs
- A Telspace Systems limited edition T-shirt(and stickers!)
2 Days of Training at a Premium London Venue.
Book Now at only £1300 Inc. VAT!
4 Reasons Why You’ll Want To Train With 44CON
Focus on learning with our spacious, air-conditioned rooms. The comfort doesn’t stop there, with incredible food at lunch and in breaks.
Save over 50% with us compared to the same courses at other events in London. Get the Vegas experience without the cost.
Get exclusive invites to 44CONnect – our quarterly event with talks and more. Invites run for 12 months after your last course.
You’ll receive an exclusive £50 discount code for standard tickets to the next main 44CON event: the UK’s best security conference.
Meet The Trainer: Dino Covotsos
Dino Covotsos is the founder and CEO of Telspace Systems. With over 20 years of experience, he leads the research and technical team at Telspace. Covotsos has many years of experience in the information security sector and has been involved in hundreds of information security projects worldwide.He is also a well-known presenter at international conferences, including Hack In the Box, Sector, H2HC, DEF CON and many more. Covotsos is also passionate about the information security community and is involved in various community based projects. Covotsos is also on the CFP review board for DEF CON (Workshops) and has several industry certifications, such as the OSCE, OSCP, OSWP and CREST CRT.
Book Now For March!
44CON December Bonus: Hootenanny Tickets Included!
The 44CONnect Hootenanny is an end-of-year one day event on the 6th of December.
The Hootenanny has a single talk track, a workshop track and an escape room track. We’ll have workshops from our trainers so you can get a taste of their courses, and a bunch of invited talks at the level of quality you’ve come to expect from a full 44CON. The event is fully catered, of course.
All December training attendees automatically receive a Hootenanny ticket as part of their booking. Those who’ve attended training at any time in 2019 can join our wait list. Tickets will be issued to the wait list two weeks before the Hootenanny event.
Stay In Touch
Like the NSA, our newsletter will be in your inbox every Tuesday. Unlike the NSA, you can unsubscribe at any time.